RFB protocol documentation
- I'll be using AIX 5.1 and TightVNC 1.2.9 as an example. It's
probably relatively difficult to build on. If you're building on
Linux, or possibly even Solaris, this is most likely much easier.
- First, download a copy of tightvnc-1.2.9_unixsrc.tar.bz2.
- Then download these files.
- Extract both archives
- The files in aix-5-patches are patches to apply to your VNC
source tree, EG with "patch -p0 > gcc".
- Then run the script called "local-script" (or just cut and paste
what you think you need. The pathnames may not be quite what you
expect, because I use these files with my cobble program to automate the build.
- Finally, "make install" should wrap things up
- Here are some patches
to tightvnc-1.3dev5_unixsrc.tar.gz that make the sources build on
Fedora Core 3.
Timestamp: 2019-01-15 22:39:12 EST
Back to Dan's tech tidbits
You can e-mail the author with questions or comments: