It plays pretty badly; I wrote it at a time when I didn't understand go even as much as I do now :), and the program's strength unfortunately reflects that fact.
It was a very ambitious project - even though I was just hoping for something
that played at a level stronger than I was, so I could learn from it, but alas, it didn't
even do that. Really, the implementation of my chosen approach went fine; the problem
was that the design was quite simplistic, while go is extremely complex
despite its simple rules. The source
code is available here.
You can e-mail the author with questions or comments: